Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Author Interview with E.B. Black


Interview Between Me and E.B. Black


Me: Where did you get the idea for your book? E.B. Black: I've always loved greek mythology. Also, I like to explore the mind and why we do things. I wanted to explore the characters of greek mythology in a deeper way and see if I could uncover "secrets" that I thought the characters might possibly have. Me: Who are your favorite characters in your book and why? E.B. Black: I like characters that sacrifice themselves or are misunderstood. They are true heroes to me. So in Pandora's Mistake, my favorite is Prometheus and in Medusa's Desire, it's Medusa. Me: What themes does your book present? E.B. Black: Pandora's Mistake is about lost innocence. Medusa's Desire is about body image and confidence. Me: How many books do you have in this series? E.B. Black: So far, only two, but it should end up with at least 5. Me: What makes you choose to write fantasy? E.B. Black: I'm drawn to it. The first story I ever tried to write was a Fantasy Romance novel about a girl with amnesia turning into an Evil Queen and her best friend who was falling in love with a Prince. I hadn't read many fantasy novels at the time. It was just where my mind automatically went. In the past ten years, since then, I have read a lot of fantasy. Me: What authors influence your writing? E.B. Black: I don't think other authors influence my writing as much as they influence my marketing. The reason I decided to make my first novel, Pandora's Mistake, free, for instance, is because I saw other authors do it and thought it would be an excellent idea. Why should someone buy my books without getting the chance to sample them at length? Me: Why do you think fantasy books are so popular? E.B. Black: It's because they provide escapism. The worlds in fantasy novels are completely different from ours. They also give a sense of wonder. It's like you are a kid again because you are exploring this brand new world for the first time and amazed by everything that makes it special. Me: How many books have you written? E.B. Black: I've had two books published, so far: Medusa's Desire and Pandora's Mistake, but I have several other stories saved on my computer that aren't finished yet. Some are greek myths, but others are just generic Fantasy Romance novels or Science Fiction Romance. Me: Where do you see the fantasy book market 10 years from now? E.B. Black: What I hope is for more women to be enjoying fantasy novels at that time. Me: What makes your book different from other fantasy books? E.B. Black: When other authors write about Greek mythology, they usually write stories that are loosely based off of Greek myths, but the details of all the characters are totally or partially changed. With my novels, I try to tell the original story, but in a new way, so that you view the characters totally differently. Like I am telling you the secret story of these characters, the parts that were left out of the original greek myths.


Excerpt from Pandora's Mistake


She wrapped her arms around him. "Aren't I enough for you? Can't you spend a little time with me and ignore this for a while?" He dropped the clay on the ground as their lips met. Their tongues fought for control of their passions as they entered each other's mouths. That old familiar desire to explore Hecate's body crawled down Prometheus' chest and to his loins. He moaned into her mouth, until he opened his eyes for a moment. He looked at the ground. The clay was covered in dirt and it had rolled over several flowers. It was misshapen. He pushed Hecate away, forgotten. He lifted the piece of clay in his hands and tried to dust it off. It was ruined. Hecate frowned and grabbed the snake around her neck angrily. Before it had the chance to bite her, it transformed into a golden key. Her face warped and began to change with it. Hecate's lips grew fuller. Her eyes became larger. Her body was curvier. "Perhaps this form of mine will tempt you more," Hecate whispered. Her voices were husky. Hecate knew he was unable to resist this body the most out of the three she possessed. She could shapeshift between them. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pecked her on the lips. "What do you need those humans for anyway?" she asked. "You have three women living inside me who all wish to sleep with you.”



Author Bio

Growing up, I was sheltered from fantasy, paranormal, and science fiction novels. Now that I've tried them as an adult, I've become addicted! I like to escape to other worlds so much that I had to create my own.

In junior high and high school, I read romance novels all day long. It frustrated my mother and teachers because I'd neglect my homework in order to squeeze more reading time in.

I became an author because I enjoy reading and daydreaming. I wanted to share my passion for these things with all of you!

I live in Southern California with my boyfriend and two dogs. If you'd like to contact me about anything, please do so at deathauthor@live.com


Twitter Faceboook Website Blog Buy Links For Pandora's Mistake-- Amazon Barnes and Noble Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment